1950 conversion on Ebay

ronnl ronnl
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/14
Posted: 05/15/14
02:50 PM

Hi
I am buying a conversion body on eBay but the guy claims this:

Is that true or false ?????

As with ALL Mopar hardtops of this model. The car IS ALSO/ACTUALLY a convertible. The spots to screw down the pegs for the top to secure are on the top of the windshield! This is so for 3 years of hardtops for MOPAR and Ford in the early 1950's. Saved $ to have them be the same. I have made this simple conversion a few times. The hard top was only SPOT WELDED on in a few places. The roof was totally separate from the car. The conversion is as simple as getting the 3 windshield pegs, remove rear window tray, the top frame and the rear interior pieces that allow the top to fall in place. All the mounting holes for apparatus are present. Done. All of these things are for the most part ready to go. It's the difference of a $18k car and a $60k car!  

wayne712222 wayne712222
User | Posts: 121 | Joined: 10/13
Posted: 05/16/14
12:58 PM

that will require a MOPAR person of significant knowledge..

don't believe what you read online..

and there are lots of nice coupes of all brands.. even a few sedans..  that had the tops removed and made into convertibles..  will they actually fetch more money at auction.. probably not.. in fact.. sellers might have to give the money back for misleading the auction and buyers..

there are some sites with factory parts books out there.. i don't know if they go far enough back.  or include much in the way of main body structure.. but it would be worth checking into..