69 fury III

Mopar Muscle
Item Posts    Sort Order

69 fury III

Tracy1 Tracy1
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 09/07
Posted: 07/22/14
12:04 PM

Any help would be appreciated, I purchased a1969 FuryIII...a father son(s) project, it's all there all original...2 Door Auto Hardtop 318 , I think..... That's the first question, how do I determine eng displacement ? Looking to some mild performance upgrades, and rear suspension upgrades, not sure where to look... Is it a C or B body?? Been a long time subscriber to Mopar mag, about 20 yrs saved every issue, I've been thumbing through past issues, but there's got to be an easier way... Help,......  

69_340_GTS 69_340_GTS
Enthusiast | Posts: 533 | Joined: 06/09
Posted: 07/23/14
09:47 AM

If it has the original engine, and it is a small block it is a 318.  The displacement is stamped on the left front of the block, below the left cylinder head.  If a big block then it is a 383 or 440. On big blocks the cubic inch displacement is stamped on a pad located at the front of the block or on a similar pad located on the right side of the block near the base of the distributor. It will have 2 letters followed by the displacement, then more numbers/letters.  

The car is a "C Body".  

Tracy1 Tracy1
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 09/07
Posted: 07/25/14
07:34 PM

Thanks for the reply. The car is all original, I purchased it from the original owner .. 40k on the odometer...