What happened.

Mopar Muscle
Item Posts    Sort Order

What happened.

aaronk785 aaronk785
User | Posts: 54 | Joined: 09/10
Posted: 04/30/14
08:49 PM

What happened to this forum? Why is it so dead? I've gotten a lot of good advise here over the years. Hope this turns around.  

wayne712222 wayne712222
User | Posts: 121 | Joined: 10/13
Posted: 04/30/14
09:41 PM

some of us are still around..

i don't know what happened.. we lost a LOT of members because of regulations that require a real and valid email address.. instead of just a user name..

i have found out that if i email somebody a great idea.. or post it to a forum.. within months.. its out in production.. making somebody else money..

i have 5 cargo containers of DVD Rewinders.. and everybody on Ebay is selling them cheeper than i can..  i am out of business.. not even the electronics recyclers will accept them as they are fruitcake powered..  i knew that would be a mistake to use gift fruitcakes as a power source..  but i had to get rid of them someplace..  you can only use so many as door stops before it blocks the door and you might actually need to close that door sometimes..  when you stack fruitcakes more that 20 hi.. the bottom ones start to squeeze jellied fruit juice out and the darn stack sticks to the floor.. i made a mistake and left a stack sitting on the carpet.. i had to use a knife to cut the carpet up to free the stack..

i even tried to sell the excess fruit cakes to gorilla glue..  they said they as many as i did..  they keep having to replace machinery..  once in a while the plastic sheeting slips off the press bed.. and the fruit cakes stick to the press.. once given 300 tons of pressure squeezing the goop out..  there is not enough pull on the ram to pull it back..  so it gets sent to the scrap yard also..  so far the scrap yard has destroyed 3 of the giant rotating hammer mills trying to break up the 300 ton hydraulic presses.. the darn fruit cake residue just jams them up also..

so. ask a question.. i will respond with a voltage drop test..  i must be the laughing stock of the internet..  have probably driven away the members.. thinking.. its a ground.. its NOT needed..   right..

can i get your mailing address.. i have some fruit cakes for you.. ;-)

oh.  a friend came by on monday.. his van was running really rough.. he ask what parts he needed.. i handed him a wire brush and tools to take the ground connections off..  he was totally amazed how much better it runs after JUST CLEANING the ground connections..  

69_340_GTS 69_340_GTS
Enthusiast | Posts: 531 | Joined: 06/09
Posted: 05/05/14
08:44 AM

The pop up ads are very annoying.  Enough to drive people away, I'll bet. And the post reply function goes on the fritz quite often. I give answers when I can but seldom receive any feedback (like "thank you")?