1962 Dodge Dart 440

Mopar Muscle
Item Posts    Sort Order

1962 Dodge Dart 440

RSTEIN RSTEIN
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 07/13/09
07:07 AM

I have a '62 Dodge Dart Convertible project car with many extra parts. Does anybody know an approximate value for this if I were to sell? The car does run and could be drivable as is. Thanks for any response I may get!!  

kcmcuda kcmcuda
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 07/23/09
08:41 PM

I have the same car and it depends very much on the condition of the car and parts you have as well as how the car was equipped from the factory. I myself might be interested in the car. What state are you in? Can you tell me more details about the car. kcmcuda@dls.net  

dodgepheonix62 dodgepheonix62
New User | Posts: 5 | Joined: 09/10
Posted: 09/23/10
07:55 AM

Icon QuoteRSTEIN:
I have a '62 Dodge Dart Convertible project car with many extra parts. Does anybody know an approximate value for this if I were to sell? The car does run and could be drivable as is. Thanks for any response I may get!!

Hi Bloke yes I also have a simular car to yours its a dodge phoenix 62 biult in Australia where I reside mine is a 4 door with the same body styling, I am intrested to know if you have any more parts left, plus mine also has a magnum 440 in her but I am running a standard exhaust manifold in it do you have extractors in yours as i don't have enough room to put them in mine is it possible to fit them ?
They are very hard to come by over here the only way people part with them is through deceaset estate lol
I would apriciate any response to this thread Thanks Smile  

dodgepheonix62 dodgepheonix62
New User | Posts: 5 | Joined: 09/10
Posted: 09/23/10
08:03 AM

hey bloke did your 62 dodge come out with the 440 standard and is your chassi a half chassi or full by any chance as my car came out with a 318 and i want to licence it with the 440, can you help me thanks  

69_340_GTS 69_340_GTS
Enthusiast | Posts: 532 | Joined: 06/09
Posted: 09/24/10
04:23 AM

"440" is a model name. It probably came with a 318 or even a slant.  

dart62convertible dart62convertible
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/10
Posted: 10/25/10
11:16 AM

I inherited a wonderful 62 Dart Convertible model 440. It has a 318 engine. The car runs fine and all the equipment is original. Where should I send it for engine revision and tuning, engine painting, chrome re-work and replacement of 2 rusty panels on the back floor. The body paint looks perfect. Additional question: is the car designed to take a more powerful engine? If so, where do I buy one? the car is in PA.

Thanks for any help.  

scottblair scottblair
New User | Posts: 18 | Joined: 03/12
Posted: 04/13/12
11:30 PM

To licence the pheonix all you need is thicker tortion bars to handle the big block, disc brakes on the front (power asst), the chassis is the same as a dodge charger B body and they have a half chassis with 6pack 440s.  

scottblair scottblair
New User | Posts: 18 | Joined: 03/12
Posted: 04/13/12
11:38 PM

1 sold over here in aussie for $20k hard top in good knick sml block unlicenced
it started with $35k
ask your own price, what you think it's worth, to the right person it does nt matter how much, they will need your car Wink  

nicai nicai
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/12
Posted: 04/24/12
01:18 AM

I recently got myself a new car through a dealership. I search first through the web where I can find a good dealership near me. The easiest way to locate a brand new car that we like is by trying to find it on the internet. It is very beneficial when the car dealership has an online site that shows you the vehicles to look at. That way, you can see if you like the vehicle before driving to the car dealership. Luckily, I found a great website for the car dealership that sold Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep in Springfield. I was very amazed with the company. They are good I must say. My thanks to Springfield Dodge Chrysler Jeep! Grin  

donpiscitelli donpiscitelli
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 04/14
Posted: 04/13/14
11:35 AM

I also have a 62 Dart 440 Convertible. I am more interested in the extra parts, but would entertain a deal on the car as well. I am looking for all the windows, both doors, vent windows with frames, and quarter glass. I have the windshield. I also need the chrome trim (quarter moldings) and the piece that goes around the roof that connects to the other quarter molding. The front valance piece that connects
the two front fenders is damaged so I would rather get another than fix mine. I believe that all these parts are the same as the 62 Plymouth. Would appreciate any help.  

11:36 AM

I also have a 62 Dart 440 Convertible. I am more interested in the extra parts, but would entertain a deal on the car as well. I am looking for all the windows, both doors, vent windows with frames, and quarter glass. I have the windshield. I also need the chrome trim (quarter moldings) and the piece that goes around the roof that connects to the other quarter molding. The front valance piece that connects
the two front fenders is damaged so I would rather get another than fix mine. I believe that all these parts are the same as the 62 Plymouth. Would appreciate any help.  

11:43 AM