Mopar Muscle
Item Posts    Sort Order

Gen2 or Gen 3 Hemi into older Muscle Cars trucks

bj954 bj954
New User | Posts: 7 | Joined: 04/13
Posted: 05/14/13
06:57 PM

Ive seen some Jeeps w  new Hemi Power as an after market install

Anyone  know of a blog or link detailing Gen2 or Gen 3 Hemi  instructions  hints etc in to older muscle car with 727 Auto
specifically 1979 Ramcharger currently running 440 w 727 auto  

waynep712222 waynep712222
User | Posts: 127 | Joined: 04/13
Posted: 05/14/13
07:53 PM

there is a jeep magazine and probably 4 or 5 truck magazines on this site that have various articles on that swap....

one thing....     please pay attention to good solid ground connections...    where all the electronics are connected to the proper stud on the cowl...  and each one and the stud are wire brushed clean...

this from what i understand is NOT a cheep swap...  and i hope you are good at electronic engine controls and wiring...  

Rednuck Rednuck
New User | Posts: 26 | Joined: 07/12
Posted: 05/22/13
08:19 AM

You will need to fabricate motor mounts, after that it's similar to a car swap. A small block 727 is needed to hook up to the gen3 hemi. If you get a truck motor I believe you will have a rear sump pan. Headers and/or manifolds are going to be interesting with the narrow frame rails. Those should be the only differences, you will just then need to decide if you are going with a carb or efi.  

The Gen2 hemi (I assume you mean 426) will bolt to your transmission, I am not sure about mounts and headers I assume those are straight up custom jobs. If you have headers on your 440 you will know about how much room there is to work with in that frame.