Cold Air Kits

Mopar Muscle
Item Posts    Sort Order

Cold Air Kits

rebelcuda73 rebelcuda73
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 09/13
Posted: 09/18/13
04:40 PM

I had read a article in your 2013 Oct issue regarding the testing of cold air kits. And since I own a 2012 Challenger R/T Plus and was considering installing a CAI I thought this was great information. But I just read another article online from Modern Mopar Muscle LX Forums and was confused more. According to their studies none of the CAIs did much better than paper. Now I kind of wonder if its worth spending money on a CAI if it doesn't do much better than paper. I was looking into the 360 airraid which you can purchase for around 165.00 with a 11hp gain and I also looked at the Cervins Ram Air CAI which installs under the hood using the existing holes in the hood and comes with a air box and filter but does not tell you how much hp gain but costs 339.00. And just saw another one that costs 269.00 and is put out through Mr Norms and claims up to 26hp gain. This was all through a google search for CAI's and which is better K&N or Airraid!! I am trying to improve my Challenger but don't want to waste money. Any info would help greatly. I love the magazine its helped with the 73 and 74 cudas I have built. Keep up the great work!!