Mopar Muscle
Item Posts    Sort Order

68 Fury III Window adjustment?

Knebel Knebel
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 03/13
Posted: 05/05/13
12:33 PM

Hi Folks,

so I got the 1968 Fury III. Its a 2 Door Hardtop.
I just replaced some weatherstripping and have to somehow adjust the drivers side rear Quarter Window. Its really tight on the roof rail seal when i roll it up, the Passenger side is just fine.

Can anyone explain how I would do that? I need the window to come away from the Roof Rail Seal just a little bit on the top. For some reasone i cant get the rear Interior side panel off (had unscrewed the Armrest ect, but still wont come off)...

Also the passengers side "Triangle" Window in the front seems to "skip a tooth" in the gears when you close it..you always have to give it a little push by hand to close completely. Anyone got pics/advice of what I can do with this?

regards, Knebel

68Plymouthfury  

waynep712222 waynep712222
User | Posts: 127 | Joined: 04/13
Posted: 05/06/13
05:16 AM

door and interior panels are usually installed with some kind of push thru clips.. need a forked tool and great care to unseat them....

behind the panel you will find nuts or bolts on the window regulator mounting points that can be loosened and shifted.. i have not been in there but there is some adjustment...

as for the wind wing actuators...  yep.. they do wear out.. the gears are usually zinc... and somebody prying the windwing open in the past probably broke a tooth off...

somewhere either in one of the many magazines on this site.. or perhaps over in one of the hemmings magazines.. i saw an article on vent window regulators.   are they hand crank.. or power ???

there seem to be just a few out there...

don't know if this is the correct version...

waynep712222 waynep712222
User | Posts: 127 | Joined: 04/13
05:20 AM

oh... if you get in deep trouble.. the mymopar site has a 70 and a 71 service manual that might give you some ideas on how to adjust it..  i have not downloaded them yet..  probably back in the early 20s sections..   22.. 23... somewhere like that..  

Knebel Knebel
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 03/13
09:35 AM

Thanks a lot! Thats already a great help!

The windows are hand operated btw.