Mopar Muscle
Item Posts    Sort Order

Fenders for 1975 Duster

tonycduster75 tonycduster75
New User | Posts: 8 | Joined: 03/13
Posted: 03/21/13
06:03 PM

Hi all.

I’m in the early stages of having my original 1975 Duster restored by a local body shop.  The 2 front fenders are pretty shot with rust and the body shop and I are not having much luck finding replacement fenders that are in decent condition.

1) Does anyone have any suggestions for reputable sites I can search for fenders?  Ideally I want to get pictures of the parts before ordering, but I’m finding out this is a big issue with some of the sites.

2) What are the pros and cons of using fiberglass fenders if I cannot find decent sheet metal fenders?

Appreciate your suggestions.  

yvdz yvdz
User | Posts: 118 | Joined: 12/08
Posted: 03/23/13
02:38 AM

Pros of fiberglass fenders are ofcourse no rust & light weight, cons are a pore fit.
Years ago I bought fiberglass fenders for a Dart. They needed a lot of work; the gap between the fender and the door was uneven and I had to add material on the top of the fender. The bottom part [where the fender connects to the rocker] was very rough. I had a hard time to mount the headlights; the few brackets it had were in the wrong place. Also, fiberglass will require more work to get it straight compared to sheetmetal, or so I was told. Unless fiberglass fenders have improved by now I do NOT recommend using them, at least not if you want some sort of decent restauration. Try Salvage yards in the southern california/Arizona/New Mexico area.
Good luck.  

tonycduster75 tonycduster75
New User | Posts: 8 | Joined: 03/13
Posted: 04/30/13
05:00 PM

Hi.

I found 2 nice fenders in Arizona from DVAP.  325 each plus shipping/handling.  No rust, one minor dent.