manual window regulator

Mopar Muscle
Item Posts    Sort Order

manual window regulator

bowhunting1 bowhunting1
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/13
Posted: 01/19/13
11:51 PM

Im looking for a manual window regulator for a 1973 dodge charger B-Body can someone help me PLEASE? Confused  

waynep71222 waynep71222
User | Posts: 246 | Joined: 04/12
Posted: 01/20/13
08:00 AM

don't forget... that if the window regulator uses a small 3 rivet cap to hold the crank and brake assembly on..  

you can very carefully...   remove it by drilling the heads off the rivets after positioning the regulator with the LEAST spring tension ..    and replace the winder with one from say... a 4 door rear door donor..  one thats NOT worn out..

i have actually on a few hard to get window regulators as a stop gap...   actually had my local welding shop weld up the worn gear teeth section after i have carefully scribed the centerline of each tooth on the gear face... i then clamped it to my solid work bench and used my cut off blade to carefully recut the gear teeth..    if i had access to a mill... i would have duplicated a COPPER section that would fit several inches of gear teeth... so i could span the worn area.. then just have the welding shop fill the teeth in ... this would save a significant amount of grinding and some rewelding..  i have also thought about splicing in a section of gear teeth from a donor regulator..  as that would be a much better fix..

with some design work... one could create a digital gear tooth profile.. and have somebody with a waterjet cut a new section to weld right in...   that would be the ultimate fix..

PLEASE BE CAREFUL with window regulators... if you remove the electric motor.. or the window crank shaft/break device..  the huge clockspring in the  back of the regulator will turn the ARM into a sword and remove anything nearby.. like fingers or thumbs...