The Death of my Valiant

Mopar Muscle
Item Posts    Sort Order

The Death of my Valiant

Meta Meta
New User | Posts: 40 | Joined: 08/08
Posted: 10/29/12
07:27 PM

I'm sad to have to report the death of my much loved ['67] Valiant, which many of you have read about. On 9/1 I was coming home from my job as a DJ at a local radio station. I live in a semi rural area and was on this small country/mountain road. There was a car coming the other way and I thought it was going to go into my lane - though it didn't. I swerved a bit to the right to avoid it but there was no shoulder at all, just a 2 ft deep drainage ditch about 2 ft off the side of the road. I was only going about 30 mph but I hit the ditch pretty hard. I bent the right front wheel and the frame too. I had to sign over the car to the tow company as I was getting charged $50 a day for storage - not to mention the charge for towing. I was told they just turned it into scrap metal... That was almost the worst part of it all.

The worst part is that despite the relative low speed and seemingly not so bad of a crash for me, it turns out that I snapped my lower back clean apart. I now have a ton of plates and rods and screws and such there... and amam now wheelchair bound and paraplegic... Kinda sucks,eh? I mean this is the second time I've had a broken spine and was paralyzed. Last time I was able to get 95% use back at 6 months. I plan to walk again too this timealreadydt have some use in my right leg, so I am hopeful.

I just wanted to let you knowkmow here since you've all been very good and helpful to me.

Peace,

Meta  

IQ52 IQ52
Guru | Posts: 860 | Joined: 06/10
Posted: 10/29/12
07:36 PM

Well darn it Meta, I pray you recover again.  

waynep71222 waynep71222
User | Posts: 246 | Joined: 04/12
Posted: 10/30/12
05:31 AM

best of luck in your recovery...

wayne.  

tuffnuff tuffnuff
Moderator | Posts: 324 | Joined: 03/11
Posted: 11/03/12
11:02 PM

That's a tough break for you all around.,. hope you have a speedy recovery, Meta.

Smile  
When The Flag Drops.,.

tuffnuff

The Bull ***t Stops.,.
tuffnuff

P. Engineer, Engine Builder

pepsi1 pepsi1
User | Posts: 150 | Joined: 10/11
Posted: 11/04/12
03:31 PM

Meta I know the feeling.
  If it wasn't for Guys on the forums it would have made my recovery a lot longer. Please keep us posted. Gods Speed. I'll add you to my prayers....

Bob  

Pontiacman8 Pontiacman8
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/12
Posted: 11/06/12
08:12 AM

I wish you a well and speedy recovery.

We will keep you in our prayers.  
Engine builder,self taught auto body guy.
Horsepower sells engines and torque wins races

Pontiacman8
Pontiacman8
Pontiacman8

Meta Meta
New User | Posts: 40 | Joined: 08/08
Posted: 11/15/12
03:51 PM

Update:When I got home from the rehab, I could only move my right foot a bit at the ankle and that was it. Now my left foot moves like that too. My right leg, now,has made a lot of progress. It now can move - I can kick it out when I am sitting on the edge of bed and I can move it around when in bed. That really does a lot to help my mental state.  

IQ52 IQ52
Guru | Posts: 860 | Joined: 06/10
Posted: 11/15/12
05:30 PM

Well that is good news! Sounds like you are on the road to recovery. It takes those injured nerves a while to get over their shock.  

Budnicks Budnicks
Guru | Posts: 1497 | Joined: 08/10
Posted: 11/17/12
02:01 PM

Meta; that is very good news, I hope you will have as full of recovery as medically/humanly possible... Get well soon...  
"Fill Your Library Before You Fill Your Garage" Good Luck  "Budnicks"

pepsi1 pepsi1
User | Posts: 150 | Joined: 10/11
Posted: 11/18/12
10:11 PM

Meta:
Keep it up! You keep that positive aditude and you'll be back.
Good Luck and try and have a nice Holiday Season....

Bob