Roadrunner carb

Mopar Muscle
Item Posts    Sort Order

Roadrunner carb

Bigmikeysbird Bigmikeysbird
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 11/12
Posted: 11/27/12
02:27 AM

Hey guys new here, I need to find a compatible carberator for my 74 roadrunner, I currently have a 318 engine in there I plan on putting a 440 into it eventually but probably not for a couple years. I don't know a whole lot about carberators and any info is helpful, I would like to find a 4 barrel carb that would work well with both type of engines if possible . I had a 9000 series carter thermo quad in there but I guess they don't make those anymore so I would like to find some sort if manufacturer of a new carb that will work , I don't really want to go the rebuild route if possible, if anyone knows any sites or distributors or have any info at all , it's much appreciated thanks  

waynep71222 waynep71222
User | Posts: 246 | Joined: 04/12
09:05 AM

just to start with..

the thermoquad will work on either motor...  various parts are still available for TQs

somebody just came out with a carb that looks a LOT like the thermoquad..  

Bigmikeysbird Bigmikeysbird
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 11/12
09:33 PM

Any ideas where to find one online?  

waynep71222 waynep71222
User | Posts: 246 | Joined: 04/12
Posted: 11/28/12
12:39 AM

there is something that i might add here...

that if you don't know and understand carbs...

and depending on your mechanical talents..  you do have the expensive option of bolt on Fuel injection..   bolts right on...

but. if you want a carb...

you might want to look over at summit racing at some of the summit branded carbs..  they are a holley design that was an updated autolite 4100 carb.. it has a removable top cover .. and looks easier to tune than most others..   as you can rather easily change the idle feed restrictions and the idle air bleeds..  several forum members from other forums have been happy with them..
Sum Rm08600vs W

you also have demon...  this is the 625 street demon..

Medium1900

there are several versions of edelbrock carbs..

there is holley with dozens of carbs..

jet carbs also has a few.. but mostly holley designs..