1969 charger body & interior modifications, tell me what you think

Mopar Muscle
Item Posts    Sort Order

1969 charger body & interior modifications, tell me what you think

747mopar7 747mopar7
User | Posts: 87 | Joined: 03/12
Posted: 08/19/12
06:49 PM

Finally, I'm on the home stretch to finishing my charger and thought I'd share my plans. I'm keeping the body mostly stock "love the charger lines" but I have done some extensive work to the hood. After an unfortunate accident that left my hood ruined I decided I've always wanted a shaker hood and so that's what I did. Most of the sheatmetal has been replaced to get rid of the original scoops and make room for the shaker "it came out really nice". Now for the part I'll likely get some flack for "I used a mach mustang scoop" I know but the cuda scoop is to rounded to look right and the stang scoop looked just like the one that I had drawn up. Other than that the only other body mods are welding the side markers & antenna, and the bumpers which have had alot of work put into them to get them to fit the body tightly. Just the rear has been narrowed 1/2 on both sides, extended down 5/8", moved in 1/2" and the tips moved up to meat the quarter extensions. It's been lowered an 1" but may go 2", it will have 18"s in the front and 19"s in the rear (likely foose ascots). Google Kenny Wayne Sheppards Xtreme Lee if you want to see the stance and tire combo I'm shooting for. Paint will be tanglo pearl (bright orange) with charcoal metallic rump stripe and hood. The hood will use three shades of charcoal to make a slightly unoticible american flag (what can I say I'm patriotic and love american muscle) the rump stripe will be like the super bee stripe only with my own emblem. Wiring will all be aftermarket and hidden with all new auto meter gauges and ron francis cotrols. If you've read my post you know the motor is a 456 stroker backed by a 727 and 3:55 posi, that is until I can afford a T56 6 speed. Interior modifications include 2004 stratus black leather buckets, 300 chrysler rear seat, custom dash and center console with "real" curly maple trim. Last I couldn't help myself, I put a dixie horn on it (hidden of coarse) my daughter wouldn't have it any other way. I'll likely finish it just in time for the snow "lovely". So what do you think? Almost forgot the exhaust will be hooker super comps, dual 3" H pipe and flowmasters exiting in front of the rear tires threw homemade 1 1/2 x 10 aluminum tips.  

drmopar drmopar
Guru | Posts: 1445 | Joined: 02/08
Posted: 08/19/12
11:25 PM

Its your car so you should build it the way you want. However, the purists on the site may have a different opinion. Bottom line, as long as your happy then the project was succesful..
Post some pictures once its completed..
Doc..  

RBolig RBolig
Moderator | Posts: 948 | Joined: 12/03
Posted: 08/20/12
11:29 AM

It might be easier to tell you what we think if we could see it. As drmopar said, it's your car and you need to be happy with it.  
--------------------

Some people are like Slinkys; they're not very useful, but fun to watch when pushed down the stairs.

747mopar7 747mopar7
Posted: 08/20/12
06:18 PM

I'll post some pictures as soon as I figure out how, still learning the whole computer thing. It's kinda ugly at the moment though, white spoke truck rims with 26" tires, mostly primer gray, yeah like I said ugly.  

747mopar7 747mopar7
Posted: 08/26/14
05:32 PM

It's been a while since I was here but have finished the car and even got to drive it to the Nats this year "lovin it"!!!!

Attachment  

Oh yeah, I ditched the Stang scoop in favor of a homemade jobbie and yes it shakes.

Attachment

Attachment  

Attachment  

Attachment  

69_340_GTS 69_340_GTS
Enthusiast | Posts: 533 | Joined: 06/09
Posted: 09/12/14
10:39 AM

Looks real nice!