rear shoulder belts

Mopar Muscle
Item Posts    Sort Order

rear shoulder belts

318duster 318duster
New User | Posts: 12 | Joined: 02/12
Posted: 05/12/12
07:16 PM

Is it possible to add shoulder belts for the rear seats to a 74 Duster?

thanks  

pepsi1 pepsi1
User | Posts: 150 | Joined: 10/11
10:01 PM

Anything is possible today..
If your looking for something in a stock replacement I can't help you? If not try this below.... Confused  

Install a 1/4" or 3/8" a 4"X4" (or bigger) the bigger plate... the more area that it's anchored to the stronger it will be. Anchor the plate behind the rear seat's and bolt it into the floor. You will need to do that on both sides of the floor or trunk. So when it's anchored it won't rip through the floor.... Then get a roll bar type race seat belt harness and anchor it to that. They also make longer roll bar belts. Jegs or Summit should be able to help you in their catalogs. You shouldn't have to weld anyhting either!  Grin  Cool

It might sound confussing, but it really isn't. This way you will also have the correct shoulder belt angle as it comes over your shoulders...Let me see if I can get you some P/N's Tongue  If your not looking to race the car the seat belt,experation date,won't matter... Grin  Cool

Bob
Go to NHRA's  rule book on-line and you'll see what In talking about....  

pepsi1 pepsi1
10:18 PM

I went to Jeg's web-site. G-Force 4 point harness P/N 471-6020BK= $69.99 you can actually convert to a 3 PT. From experience if you do this you want a belt that pulls down to tighten.. Confused  Grin  Cool

Look at those belts, and you'll get the idea of what I'm talking about. They have different color belts also. They have all the anchores if you need them.. Hope this helps you.... Cool  Grin

Bob  

318duster 318duster
New User | Posts: 12 | Joined: 02/12
Posted: 05/13/12
04:27 AM

Thanks, I'll look it up and see if its something that can work. I failed to mention, the reason I was asking about 3pt shoulder belt is for my son. He's ready to move out of his carseat and into a booster seat. The booster requires use of a shoulder belt. He loves riding in the car and I've got only a few months left before he's in the booster seat.

Thanks again  

pepsi1 pepsi1
Posted: 05/14/12
03:08 AM

In that case they may have a 2" belt rather then the 3" belt. If your not using it for racing...Good Luck

I remember when my graddaughter was 2 years old. (She's 19 now).Evenflo or one of the big seat makers back then. They just came out with a shoulder harness and the seat anchored separate. It was actually a racing seat,it had the 2 shoulder belts the lap belt and the crotch strap....17 years ago...Holy Chit I'm getting old...LOL....