70 charger head lghts

Mopar Muscle
Item Posts    Sort Order

70 charger head lghts

gforcecharger gforcecharger
New User | Posts: 5 | Joined: 03/12
Posted: 03/20/12
02:26 AM

i hav a 70 charger,, my prob is the head lgt doors  wont close when i turn lghts
off  , any poss solution,,, poss the relay  or ele motor    thnks  see u in carlisle  

Budnicks Budnicks
Guru | Posts: 1497 | Joined: 08/10
Posted: 03/20/12
11:29 AM

1st off welcome to MMM forum... The motor & actuators are 42 years old now... Do they go down if you disconnect the motor ?, Can you manually close them ?, then turn the lights on & do they open ?, It could be the switch or motor, can you rotate the long hex shaft that goes thru the motor ?, is the motor froze up ?, is the fuse good ?, is there a relay in line ??, honestly it's been so long sense I have dealt with hide away lights, I'm not sure what could be wrong... Try the "Search Mopar Muscle" in Red on the top of the page or the "Search" section in Blue near the top of the page, in between the "active posts" & "my threads" If someone here can't help you , try over at, www.mymopar.com & search the many tech &/or electrical/electronics sections or maybe even try, www.dodgecharger.com , forum, there are a ton of guys with 1970 Charger's there, plus many tech sections & question's, also many electrical questions asked & answered... Happy Moparing  
"Fill Your Library Before You Fill Your Garage" Good Luck  "Budnicks"

gforcecharger gforcecharger
New User | Posts: 5 | Joined: 03/12
Posted: 11/14/12
03:53 AM

thks i changed relay behind head lamp switch & doors close now
thks