howards cams

Mopar Muscle
Item Posts    Sort Order

howards cams

aaronk785 aaronk785
User | Posts: 53 | Joined: 09/10
Posted: 08/28/11
04:02 PM

I was surfing the web and came across howards cam site. It appears the have their own line of 904 cams. Some of the specs. look pretty good. Thought I would just pass this on. And mabye Im late and this isnt news at all.  

quickd100 quickd100
New User | Posts: 18 | Joined: 04/08
Posted: 10/05/11
07:14 PM

Ihaven't used any of their cams but I can tell you their customer service is second to none. This last summer I was in the process of upgrading to a solid roller cam for my Hemi. I was having trouble finding the correct combination of retainers and keepers to get my installed valve height up to 2". I had 4 different sets of retainers and 3 sets of different keepers and still couldn't juggle stuff around to get it 'right'. One morning looking at different vendors parts and specs on line I came across a set of Howards retainers that looked promising. I called them and their tech guy listened to my story. He said I he agreed I didn't need 5 sets of retainers I counldn't use so he said he'd send me a retainer to try. 3 days later a Howards retainer comes at no charge that works. My Hemi now runs up to 7500rpm with a set of Howards retainers keeping things where they belong. Very nice friendly, helpful people. Dave  

aaronk785 aaronk785
User | Posts: 53 | Joined: 09/10
Posted: 10/05/11
08:37 PM

Thanks for the info. Good customer service makes al the difference. Competition Products sells howards products. I buy through them. Good people also. They list the howards hyd. cams for small mopar for only 124.95 that is a steal for a 904 design cam.