Mopar Muscle
1 |  2 |  3 |  Next   | Last 
Item Posts    Sort Order

"GOLDEN COMMANDOS"-"GOLDFISH"

Luckyman Luckyman
User | Posts: 51 | Joined: 04/11
Posted: 04/25/11
07:32 AM

Hey Mopar Freaks,check out the restoration I've been working on for the last ten years at http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/mmo72007.html. I just want to spread the word about THE "GOLDFISH" because it is the only one ever made.  
GO GO GOLDFISH !

Budnicks Budnicks
Guru | Posts: 1497 | Joined: 08/10
Posted: 04/25/11
09:18 PM

Luckyman 1st off welcome to the MMM forum. Post some photos here at MMM so the viewers don't have to go to another web site to view them, if you can. This is a great Mopar site also, the more exposer you get is a good thing.    Budnicks  
"Fill Your Library Before You Fill Your Garage" Good Luck  "Budnicks"

Luckyman Luckyman
Posted: 04/26/11
03:29 AM

Love to if I knew how.Help?  
GO GO GOLDFISH !

Luckyman Luckyman
Posted: 04/26/11
06:04 AM

The first pic I took of THE "GOLDFISH" thae day I rescued her.You can see where GOLDFISH was painted on the front quarter fender but had faded to white.The other side was still legible as seen in photo 2 with Ray Kobe and me.Notice how Ray is holding the acid dipped fender with just two fingers.They are as thin as a beer can.RescuingthefishRaybruce  
GO GO GOLDFISH !

Luckyman Luckyman
Posted: 04/28/11
08:54 AM

In light of the National News yesterday I thought I would prevent any potential BIRTHER issue concerning the heritage of my 1965 Plymouth Barracuda Formula "S" car I nicknamed "GOLDIE" which I claim to be the ORIGINAL "GOLDEN COMMANDOS" "GOLDFISH".Below is a Certified Legal Copy of the Original Registration.Please note that "GOLDIE" was born in Detroit,Mi. on April 3rd,1965.She was born to the Chrysler Corp. -1100.Please note that Division 1100 was the Plymouth Factory Drag Race Team the "GOLDEN COMMANDOS".Please note that H.J.Patterson was in the legal dept. of the "GOLDEN COMMANDOS".I hope this will prevent any silliness or Carnival Barking.Thank you all for having some fun with me,Luckyman.
Legalcopyorgreg1965  
GO GO GOLDFISH !

Luckyman Luckyman
Posted: 04/28/11
09:02 AM

I have decided to add a tidbit of information about my expierence with this restoration that I been been blessed with,or cursed with depending the way you look at it every time I get a new reply to this post.I became disabled in 2004 in an accident with my 2year old son at the time,by the way FYI and all that, he is named after Ray Kobe and the friend who gave me the car,and also for my older brother Dan who passed away from cancer just 10 days before our son was born..Bill is the friend who gave me the car and you would think I would use Ray Kobe's first name but my wife and I could not see having a son named Billy Ray for a variety of reasons,so we decided on Kobe William Daniel.I have done the very best I could do within my means to restore this car to original condition for all drag racing fans to enjoy once again.Technology and NHRA rules are somewhat prohibitive and some things just can't be duplicated no matter how much I have tried but I believe the differences will be negligable. Thank you for your interest ,Luckyman  
GO GO GOLDFISH !

Budnicks Budnicks
Posted: 04/29/11
09:08 PM

Luckyman very cool 65 Cuda project, keep the updates & keep the photo's coming. As to the "birther subject", man I hope your not 1 of those tree hugging uber-liberals. Not! being a car guy I would doubt it...LOL... Good luck with Goldie, mines just named B_I_T_C_H because I'm always under her.  Budnicks  

Luckyman Luckyman
Posted: 05/01/11
12:19 PM

Budnickks,Now That"s funny ! No Politics here just a sense of humor.Here are a few pics of BEFORE and AFTER.Plus a few from the old days I was fortunate enough to have been given by the G.C.'s.Most are ORIGINAL Chrysler Photos (Stamped on the backs) from the 60's.Michigandragway1965 1DashInteriordoorpanelinstallEnginecompartmentIMG 0066 1LooksroughPainted9Tvpromo Canada 1 1 1  
GO GO GOLDFISH !

Budnicks Budnicks
Posted: 05/01/11
02:58 PM

Luckyman yep I'm just being a jokester myself. I will usually call them ECO-NAZIS if I don't like them...LOL... Goldie - It's looking GOOD.   Budnicks  

Luckyman Luckyman
Posted: 05/03/11
05:38 PM

Here are the first pics of the motor
050311112335050311113835 1050311113721050311114201  
GO GO GOLDFISH !

Budnicks Budnicks
Posted: 05/03/11
09:42 PM

Luckyman sweet looking SB Mopar engine.  Budnicks  

Luckyman Luckyman
Posted: 05/05/11
12:19 PM

Thanx,cost me a small fortune.However it should get me 375 H.P.on the dyno. I am headin out of town for a promo event for the car this weekend and won't be back till Mon. so I will leave you with a pic of what every hot rodder dreams of,their car on the cover of HOT ROD Mag.Feb '66.In my case however Mopar Muscle Mag. is leading the pack on who gets the exclusive "Return of THE "GOLDFISH" " article.A source high-up on the inside has told me that "M.M.Mag would love to do a Breakout Blowout Cover story and article because this car deserves it."And when I started looking for a Mopar street rod muscle car in 1998 I just wanted a fast car.Who knew?
HRM2 66 1  
GO GO GOLDFISH !

Budnicks Budnicks
Posted: 05/05/11
01:49 PM

Luckyman it's great to have old documentation like that. Very cool your trying for 375hp from the 273ci, sounds good, give some details on your build some time.   Budnicks  

Luckyman Luckyman
Posted: 05/09/11
05:58 PM

Budnicks, I guess I will start at the top of the motor and work my way down.Distributor is a Mopar performance electronic with 35 degree advance curve.Carb is a Holley 650 Dbl. pumper sitting on an Edelbrock dual plane 7500 rpm manifold (ported and polished)with a milodon windage tray.The valve train is all titanium Mopar performance parts with blue anodized alum.1.5 to 1 rockers and a double roller rocker cam with .557 lift and 296 duration with 76 overlap on 110 centerline and a valve lash of 28/32.Heads are stock 273 stage 3 (ported and polished) with 318 titanium valves (.010 larger intake and exhaust than 273 valves)with the heads cc'd at 57.3.Pistons are custom made JE domes notched.Rods are shot peened stock.Crank is original steel billet.Mopar race fluid damper on front.Block is bored .040 over.Total seal rings make 11.2 comp. ratio.Oil pan is stock with 4" strap added to make it a 10 qt cap. with a windage tray and a hemi swivel pickup and Milodon high pressure high volume oil pump.Internally balanced and blueprinted.Flywheel is a balanced Mopar aluminum with an 11" clutch,tranny is an A-833 new process 23 spline T/A from a 71 aar cuda. Rear gears are sure-grip 8 3/4 with 4.86 ratio from Randy's ring and Pinion. Let me know if I missed anything,Luckyman  
GO GO GOLDFISH !

Budnicks Budnicks
Posted: 05/09/11
07:02 PM

Very cool sounding build, I like when posters give some thorough descriptions. keep them coming.   Budnicks  

1 |  2 |  3 |  Next   | Last