Ad Radar
Facebook Click here to find out more!

340 motor mount question

Mopar Muscle
Item Posts    Sort Order

340 motor mount question

JcsDuster JcsDuster
User | Posts: 129 | Joined: 11/03
Posted: 06/29/04
05:35 AM

my 340 has the flat style motor mounts on it and my small block k-member has the through bolt spool style mount. where can i get mounts to get this in the car. i know its a small block k-frame.

If I were a machine, I'd be a lot happier.


goatheat goatheat
Enthusiast | Posts: 325 | Joined: 08/03
Posted: 08/05/04
03:22 PM

Just buy mounts for your car ( year, make, model ) with a 318. The parts store will give you what you need.  

340bird 340bird
New User | Posts: 18 | Joined: 04/08
Posted: 04/15/08
10:15 PM

I am having the same problem on my 73 roadrunner, it has the spool type mounts.  Go to an auto parts store that has pictures of the mounts you need on their PC or in a book.  I have found that there are 2 different style spools. The fronts are different lenghts, by about a 1/2".  I found the 1 I needed (the shorter style) at NAPA, but I'm installing a 360. Yours will be trial and error.
What is your car?  
'71 383 4ps Roadrunner
'73 Slap Stick Roadrunner

User | Posts: 148 | Joined: 02/08
Posted: 04/16/08
01:52 PM

call schumacher ,they have what you need and will get it right the 1st time  

hersbird hersbird
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 04/08
Posted: 04/16/08
07:54 PM

Just have then lookup the part number for a 73 Dart 340 or a 73 Duster 340. They have 340's and the spool type mount. They should cost $18-$25 each at either Napa or most other major chains. I got one side from Anchor at a orielly's auto parts made in Korea and the other side from Parts Plus in their box made in India. I think the India one looks better but it may be just that they painted theirs.

Part numbers are EM-2325 and EM-2326
Anchor: 2325 and 2326
pioneer: 602325 and 602326
seal/power: 270-2325 and 270-2326