Bucket seat conversion

Mopar Muscle
Item Posts    Sort Order

Bucket seat conversion

73duster 73duster
New User | Posts: 11 | Joined: 12/03
Posted: 05/03/04
04:11 PM

I have a '73 Duster that originally had a bench seat, and I bought some bucket seats from Steven's Performance. On the floor pan, where the outside seat rail would go, it is raised higher than on the opposite side. It looks like if we install the new seats they would be slanted inwards. Is there something that I need to correct this? All the hardware seems to be the same (IE wouldn't elevate the seat one way or the other).  

JcsDuster JcsDuster
User | Posts: 129 | Joined: 11/03
Posted: 05/04/04
09:08 PM

good question. im doing the same thing in the duster, but havent gotten into the interior yet. i'd like to know. either shave down the metal, or shim the other side?

If I were a machine, I'd be a lot happier.

goatheat goatheat
Enthusiast | Posts: 325 | Joined: 08/03
Posted: 05/06/04
06:19 PM

The floor pan is not flat, when you put the seats in they will set flat if they are from the same year or years of A bodys with your floor pan.   

cjsolar1 cjsolar1
New User | Posts: 11 | Joined: 07/10
Posted: 07/04/10
09:22 PM

I have a 67 Belvedere with bucket seats and column automatic shifter, Would like to find a console for it.  

drmopar drmopar
Guru | Posts: 1445 | Joined: 02/08
Posted: 07/05/10
10:18 AM

As far as the bucket seats go we just installed aftermarket seats in my brothers 75 Duster, had to shim them to get them level.
Answer for the Belvedere. Year one sells new consoles and rebuilt shifters. I put a hurst pro ratchet in mine, looks stock and operates better.
Cool