Superbird Clone?

Mopar Muscle
Item Posts    Sort Order

Superbird Clone?

Diesel Truck Diesel Truck
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 03/08
Posted: 03/10/08
01:14 PM

I have always dreamed of owning a 1970 (The only production year) Plymouth Road Runner Superbird. The only thing is, I live in a area where most muscle cars are hawked by collectors in Cincinnati 35 miles away, or they have rusted away in fields. I figure the only way I will ever own my dream Superbird is to make a clone. I am only 14, so I have a lot of time to save money. Does anybody on this forum know a company that sell partial or whole clone kits? I figure it is the only way I will ever own a $200,00 car.

For people who dont know the great Superbird:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plymouth_Superbird  
Dream Truck: 1989 First Generation Dodge Ram with Cummins Diesel and 4 Speed Manual Transmission with bulldog gear.

RBolig RBolig
Moderator | Posts: 948 | Joined: 12/03
Posted: 03/11/08
11:23 AM

oldford, You have some fairly high expectations for a 14 year old Young Gun--Good luck with your Bird build. Anyway, You can get reproduction parts for your build, just go to www.officialdayclona.com, that business/site is run by Mike Goyette.  
--------------------

Some people are like Slinkys; they're not very useful, but fun to watch when pushed down the stairs.

Diesel Truck Diesel Truck
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 03/08
Posted: 03/11/08
12:02 PM

Thanks a LOT man! I dont plan on building one for a long time, or when I find a way to make enough money to buy a kit. THANKS!!  
Dream Truck: 1989 First Generation Dodge Ram with Cummins Diesel and 4 Speed Manual Transmission with bulldog gear.